SRI LANKA WHY YOU SHOULD SELECT SRI LANKA FOR YOUR DREAM VACATION?
The main thing is the variety for tourism. Sri Lanka has different tourist experience, within a small tropical land in the South East Asia such as, Heritage sites Beaches Wild life Hill country Cultural activities Traditional industries Adventures Sri Lanka is an island located in the Indian Ocean very close to the southern part of Indian peninsula. It separates from India by Palk Strait. Sri Lanka is an independent state.
HOW IS THE CLIMATE?
Sri Lanka’s position close to the equator means that temperature remains virtually constant year round all over the year, coastal and lowland areas. Mostly you can enjoy high temperatures of 27 ‘C – 34 ‘C. Temperature decreases with altitude, reducing to the temperature average of around 20’C in mid up country and a pleasantly mid 10 – 16 ‘C in NuwaraEliya in the hill station of the island. Night in the hill country can be quite chilly, with temperature sometimes falling close to the freezing point.
PEOPLE IN SRI LANKA
Sri Lanka has a population of 21 million. The people of Sri Lanka belong to different cultural ethnic groups. The biggest cultural ethnic group are the Sinhalese. The Sinhalese make up about 75 percent of the Sri Lankan people and they mostly live in the southwestern part of Sri Lanka. The language they speak is Sinhala, one of the official languages alongside Tamil, and most of the people are Buddhists.
THINGS NOT TO MISS
What follows is a selective taste of the islands highlights. Outstanding religious, and cultural sites, memorable scenery and wild life, spectacular festivals.
– Anuradapura Ancient city (UNESCO Heritage)
– Polonnaruwa Ancient city (UNESCO Heritage)
– Sigiriya Lion Rock (UNESCO Heritage)
– Dambulla caves temple (UNESCO Heritage)
– Kandy city and Temple of the Tooth (UNESCO Heritage)
– Knuckls Mounton Range (UNESCO Heritage)
– Adams peak (SriPada) (UNESCO Heritage)
– Horton plains National park and Worlds End (UNESCO Heritage)
– Sinharaja Rain forest (UNESCO Heritage)
– Galle Heritage Fortress (UNESCO Heritage)
– Kandy Cultural Performance show
– Peradeniya Royal Botanical garden
– Kandy Dalada Perahara (The Biggest cultural festival in July – August)
– Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
– National Park safaris – (Yala, Udawalawe,Minneriya,Kaudulla,Wilpattu,Wasgamuwa)
– Hill country – Nuwaraeliya (Little England),Tea factory visit, Hiking
– Sri Lankan foods – Rice and curries
– Sri Lankan herbal Ayurvadic treatments
– Amazing Beaches
And world-famous as the most natural way of smiling people
SRI LANKA BUDDHISM
Buddhism runs deep in Sri Lankan life. The island was one of the first places to convert to the religion, in 5th Cent. BC and has remained unswerving faithful in the more than 2500 years since. As such Sri Lanka is often claimed to be the world’s oldest Buddhist country, and the religion’s trappings are apparent everywhere, most obviously in the island’s myriad temple and festivals, as well s in its large and highly visible population of monks.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“We really enjoyed verymuch the time we spent in srilanla, under the direction of Genuine Srilankans. GST make the all arrangement of our tour and we think they always pay their attention for our raquarement. Specially we would thank to mr. Hiran for make an excellent tour itenary and coordinate us during the tour. We appreciate our driver guide (Chanaka)’s effort to make our journey as pleasant as possible. We admire his driving ability, patience and kindliness. We will come back to Srilanka and recommend Genuine Srilankans Tours to any body wish to visit Srilanka. Thank you GST”
Sandra and Michle(UK)
“Genuine Srilankans Tours mage our holiday un unforgettable experience. GST staff are the super for clients personal attention and care. They appointed an excellent guide for our entire tour of 12 days and he is the best guide in srilanka.”
“Dear Koshala, You are the best guide I have found. You be efficient, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. You will be a highlight character in the srilanka tourism. I will keep in touch with you and your company Genuine Srilankans Tours and I will be back to Srilanka and I love it.”